Chair for Software Engineering
- The Directed Studies course on Software Architecture will feature three industrial guest lectures delivered by Dr. Florian Leitner-Fischer (ZF) and Dr. Ralf Bogusch (Airbus).
- Logic Colloquium: Dr. Georgiana Caltais will speak on "(Co-)Algebraic Approaches to the Modelling and Verification of Reactive Systems" on January 26, 2017, 5:00 - 6:00 pm at University of Konstanz in room G 307.
- Prof. Leue will speak on November 2, 2016 at New York University and on November 3, 2016 at Yale University on "Causality Checking".
- Jannis Weiser will give a paper entitled "SysML to NuSMV model transformation via object-orientation" at the CyPhy 2016 Workshop held in Pittsburgh on October 6, 2016.
- Dr. Florian Leitner-Fischer, PhD graduate from the Chair for Software and Systems Engineering, is awarded the Airbus Group Research Prize Claude Dornier 2014/15 for his PhD thesis on "Causality Checking of Safety-Critical Software and Systems" - Press Release of the University of Konstanz (in German).
- Prof. Stefan Leue will chair the industrial conference Software Safety for Airborne Systems in Berlin, Germany, 14-16 September 2016.
- Prof. Stefan Leue, Dr. Florian Leitner-Fischer (ZF TRW Automotive GmbH) and Sirui Liu will speak on "Automated Freedom from Interference Analysis for Automotive Software" at the 12th European Dependable Computing Conference in Gothenburg, Sweden, 5-9 September 2016.
We welcome Martin Kölbl who has joined the Chair on August 1, 2016.
- Prof. Leue will chair the industrial conference ISO 26262 in Graz, Austria, 10-11 May 2016.
Dr. Caltais will speak on "(De-)Composing Causality in Labeled Transition Systems" at the CREST 2016 workshop in Eindhoven on April 8, 2016.
- Prof. Leue will speak on "Model-based functional safety for complex embedded and cyber-physical systems" at the industrial 6th International Conference ISO 26262 in Berlin on March 22, 2016.
- Prof. Leue will give a lecture with the title "Model-Based Safety Analysis as Assurance Evidence" during the 16th Software Certification Consortium Meeting at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, January 12, 2016.
- Prof. Leue will give a lecture with the title "Model-based Functional Safety" during the Systems Engineering Forum at Hochschule Ulm on Tuesday, October 6, 2015.
- We welcome Dr. Georgiana Caltais who will join the Chair on July 1, 2015
- The paper entitled "Symbolic Causality Checking Using Bounded Model Checking" authored by Adrian Beer, Stephan Heidinger, Uwe Kühne, Florian Leitner-Fischer and Stefan Leue was accepted for presentation at SPIN 2015.
- Prof. Leue will chair the IQPC organized 5th International ISO 26262 Conference (industrial conference).
- Prof. Leue will chair the IIR organized Austrian ISO 26262 Conference 2015 (industrial conference).
- Prof. Leue chairs the 4th International Conference Applying ISO 26262 (An IQPC industrial conference.)
- Mr. Leitner-Fischer chairs the 1st International Conference Automotive Embedded Systems (An IQPC industrial conference.)
- Prof. Leue will teach a block course on Model Checking at IMT Lucca on 7-11 October 2013.
- Folien von den Studientagen 2013 / Slides of the Study Days 2013 (in German)
- "A lecture on "Causality Checking", given by Prof. Leue on September 10, 2012 at Microsoft Research in Redmond, USA, is available from Microsoft's web site."
- Welt am Sonntag reports on the state of the software industry, quoting Prof. Leue.
(Notice that while the quotations of Prof. Leue's remarks are correct, he does not necessarily
concur with all views expressed in this article. In particular he does not believe that software
is a scarce resource, although he believes that there may be a dearth of software engineers and
- SPIEGEL Online reports on the demand for computer scientists in the automotive industry (in German).
- IEEE Computer Society: Why Software Engineering is Still the Best Job in the World!
EADS Cassidian provides three years of funding for the research project "QuaFuSA: Quantitative Functional Safety Analysis for System Architectures" at the Chair for Software Engineering.
- Prof. Leue chairs the international industry conference IQPC Experiences with ISO26262,
28 - 30 March, 2012, Munich.
- The uni´kon reports in the lead article of its 36th edition on our work on the verification of an airbag system.
- The University of Konstanz is hosting the international conference "Middle East Simulation (MES 2009)", June 11 - 14, 2009, Konstanz, Germany.
The book Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems,
edited by Stefan Leue and Pedro Merino, has appeared.
12th International Workshop, FMICS 2007, Berlin, Germany, July 1-2, 2007,
Revised Selected Papers
Series: Lecture Notes in Computer Science , Vol. 4916
- Prof. Leue will be on sabbatical during the Winter Term 2008/9. He will spend the Fall Term as a visiting professor at ETH Zurich (Switzerland.)
- Prof. Leue will co-chair (with Prof. Laurie Dillon of Michigan State University) the New Faculty Symposium of the 30th International Conference on Software Engineering ICSE 2008.
- The BITKOM IT industry association predicts a shortage of computer scienctists and engineers in Germany:
- The DFG has approved a two-year extension of the research project IMCOS: Incomplete Model Checking for Concurrent Object-Oriented Systems. Openings for a PhD student and a Post-Doc are immediately available, please contact Prof. Leue if interested.
- Prof. Leue co-chaired the FMICS 2007 workshop (jointly with Prof. Pedro Merino of the University of Malaga) tentatively to be held jointly with CAV 2007 at Berlin in July 2007.
- Under the heading "Fehler im System - der Traum von Software ohne Bugs" (System Faults - the Dream of Bug-free Software) SPIEGEL ONLINE reports, amongst others, on the use of model checking technology (in German).
- The Year of Science in 2006 in Germany: Informatikjahr (Year of Computer Science).
- Our research will be presented during the upcoming CONCUR and FORMATS conferences.
- New research project "Directed Model Checking in the Analysis of Real-Time and Probabilistic Systems" - funding approved by DFG.
- Prof. Leue gave his inaugural lecture (Antrittsvorlesung) with the title 'Der Traum von fehlerfreier Software' during the Dies Academicus on Saturday, October 22, 2005. The Lecture recording in various formats is available now at the lecture page as well as the slides and the abstract.